Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Places We'll Go

Recently The Artist asked me when H&T's story will be complete. In honesty, when I started this blog novel about a year ago, I didn't expect it to go this long, so I was at a loss as to how to answer...initially. After some thought, I realized that H&T isn't really that far from a reasonable end. I am now more certain than ever where this story is going and how it will conclude.
This is an exciting prospect because I have two other projects brewing in the background of my fertile mind and I'm ready to devote more time to them without fear of neglecting H&T, which, since in a draft faze, will undergo an extensive rewrite and fleshing out that may require another several months of dedicated time. In real life, I work full time as an oncology nurse and my time is very very short, if I expect to sleep and have a happy family, that is.
My new dilemma though is that I see, really and truly, with no way to stop it, H&T requiring a sequel. I won't tell you why, as that would be a bit of a spoiler, but suffice it to say that so many of the H&T characters can stand alone in their own story and if they demand to be heard, I'm not sure I have a right to ignore them. I think H&T won't really go away all that quickly. Not entirely anyway.
That's a frightening, interesting, and daunting prospect.

2 comments:

  1. I know where you're coming from. Tin Soldier led to Bella Diana, Diana's Diary, and a lot of flash fiction. Steal Tomorrow led to a lot of flash fiction, too. That's just how it goes sometimes - our characters aren't necessarily through with us when we think we're through with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the trouble with too many interesting characters...they all want to be heard!

    ReplyDelete