Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Clarkesworld

I know that I have mentioned on several occasions how much I have lately been ristening to podcasts and audio books on my IPod.  It is a lovely experience, especially for me, a nester, and a true INTJ personality type.  Buds in ears, I get to commune in my own head and fall away to a different place.  I think I am the only person that I know who enjoys the very long ride to and from the Medical Center each day.  It is awful on my purse as my vehicle is admittedly a gas guzzler.  But all of this is taking me off topic. 

One of the podcasts that I am most fond of is Clarkesworld.  At the risk of sounding snobbish, I will admit up front that at least half (if I were to take an informal but generous mental poll) of all of the free literature available on the web is, well, how can I say this….not that great.  But the ones that really are great, WOW, they are super duper fantastic.  Clarkesworld falls into that category, in my humble opinion.  The podcasts are released on the 1st and 15th of every month.  The stories are all speculative, and are by a varying authors.  One person, Kate Baker, reads the stories each week and she does a fabulously professional job of it. 

The stories at Clarkesworld have provided me with inspiration for stories of my own as well as hours of listening pleasure.  For those of you who have a Kindle, Clarkesworld is now e-publishing and if you own one, this is yet another way to get a hit of the speculative fiction that keeps my mind buzzing with possibilities.

Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment