Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

Three Word Wednesday - gentle, praise, vulgar


The worst thing I’ve ever done?  You really want to know?  Not sure I should say.  I mean, it was such a vulgar thing.  At my age, there are so many things that could be considered the worst, but I guess I’d have to say it was killing a man.  You see.  I knew when I said that I’d killed a man, you’d get that look on your face.  Well, you can believe it.  Just because I look as if I should be baking pies and cookies for the little ones doesn’t mean that I don’t have a dangerous streak.  The circumstances?  Oh, come on.  Why do you need to know the details?  There is no gentle way to tell the truth, but I assure you that when you know the details, you’ll agree with me.  You might even sing my praises.  The man was my second husband.  I loved that man more than chocolate, and that’s saying a lot.  I was doing what you’d expected, baking chocolate chip and pecan cookies.  It was a sunny day and I think there was a rainbow.  I was wearing a pretty pink calico---.  The point?  You young ones are so impatient.  Well, let me put it this way.  I told him not to touch those cookies, but he just wouldn’t listen.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for finding our little writer's corner of the Interwebs. I hope you'll come back on Wednesday for three fresh words. You piece was witty and written in just the right tone. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete