Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Mars

I should have shared this story earlier.  (Thanks Ann for reminding me.)  Kind of forgot about it.  It was published in April as one of the favorite stories of NPR's Three Minute Fiction Contest.  I am particularly proud of this story because it was a feat of editing.  It is something that I'd written, but in order to fit the 600 word (three minute) constraints of the contest, I had to pare it down to the bones.  I thought the bones were lovely.

Please read and come back and tell me what you think.

Mars: In the Beginning

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely story! I thought about entering one of their three-minute fiction contests, but the picture at the time didn't inspire anything.

    Nicely done!

    You know there are weekly prompt sites, right? Check out Three Word Wednesday, Sunday Scribblings, Easy Street Prompts, Thursday Tales, Writer's Island, and Write with Pictures if you need inspiration for a short story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ann! Will definitely check it out!

    ReplyDelete