Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Editing

The edit for chapter 5 is underway.  Guess what?  When I read this chapter aloud, I realized that it was six pages of...maybe three paragraphs.  In other words, if I do one really good edit, throw away all the unnecessary fluff, I will end up with perhaps two or three really compelling action packed and suspenseful paragraphs.  That's all.  Really.

Fortunately chapter 6 is already written, so what we're looking at here is a melding of two chapters into one.  Which is fine.

As I have stated many times already, I am totally enjoying this process of writing and publishing to a self-imposed deadline.  Sort of helps me to prove my mettle, even to myself.  It has been a very long time since I have been able to dedicate any serious bits of time to writing (just finished working on a degree in an unrelated field) and doing this blog, living with Honor&Truth sort of blows everything up.  Makes me WORK for this thing that I have missed for several years, and sort of sharpens my teeth.  So it is a work in progress and a labor of love.

My biggest fear is that H&T will hit a dead end (as many stories in progress do) and then what?  Blog for nothing?  How embarrassing that would be.  But fortunately, I don't see that happening with H&T.  Honor has things to do, and I have got to give her room to make things happen.

"The Artist" has been on the ball and has already created some new pics for this chapter.  Technique is definitely improving and I think you will all be impressed.  I am, anyway.

Question for anyone willing to answer.  What do you do when a story you've been working on fizzles?  I've got a ton.

No comments:

Post a Comment