Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Chapter 5

Coming along!

The final edit of Chapter 5 is about complete.  Can we say COMPLETE REWRITE?  That required a long night of writing (which I am planning on tonight as well).  I really like the result and DO NOT miss any of the stuff that I eventually deleted.

This made me realize something important.  You can't be a lazy writer and be successful.  How the individual author defines success is certainly different.  For me it means creating a product that I can feel inspired by, and am proud to let others read.

When I was rewriting Chapter 5, something really profound happened.  The rewrite, almost as if by magic, (because I didn't do it on purpose - I wish that I was that brilliant), made real connections to the chapters beyond.  I mean real connections that establish the stories relevance...at least to me.  So, I am extremely happy with how this comes out and how you all receive it.

Initially, I could say that I had nine full chapters completed, but this isn't the case anymore as I have combined the original chapters of five and six.  Chapter five is now a bit longer than I intended, but I think that the action will keep everything moving along quite splendidly.

On top of all of this editing and rewriting, "The Artist" has put some of her wonderful ideas to work and has come up with some really fine art for this chapter.  I am loving it!

I'll end this post here, but was hoping that some of you might share with me some of your experiences with editing.  More work than the actual writing?  I think so.

2 comments:

  1. I prefer editing to writing because the hard part of tapping in to what happened is over and now it's just a matter of making it pretty. I can tinker endlessly, though, and that's sometimes a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. I like writing. I think editing is fun...but lots of work.

    ReplyDelete