Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Chapter 3

Been writing for the last few days and have come to the realization that Chapter 3 is no longer Chapter 3.  Chapter 3 is now Chapter 4 and there is a new Chapter 3.  It is called Midling Territory.  This chapter has added depth to the story, introduced a couple of new characters and has given Honor options she never knew she had.

It is really funny the way a story takes on a life of its own.  How we can write a character, but if we are at it long enough, this stops, and the character takes over and writes herself. In this instance, I only wanted to provide a very brief segue for Honor as she moved from her home with Old Mother to her new life and journey.  What I have found along the way is the real world in which she lives.  Fascinating for me because, while I have written a book before, I have never done so with the pressure of keeping the momentum and publishing on a regular basis, albeit self-imposed.

As you can see, I have not yet agreed to schedule my actually chapter submissions...yet.  I came upon another similar blog novel site where the author published on the 1st and the 15th.  Brave woman.  I haven't worked up to that yet...I suppose because I don't trust myself enough yet.  Also, I have been putting real pressure on "The Artist" to keep up with my vision.  "The Artist" is showing massive amounts of patience as far as I go, but I can see the real growth in "The Artist's" work.  Getting more confident and more savvy with the software and ideas.

I have said this before, but I will say it again, I am absolutely having a blast doing this and for so many reasons, not the least of which is my love for writing, my love for "The Artist" and the utter giddy delight I get when other people read and enjoy my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment